Job Title: Tenant Representation Agent
Location: Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
Department: Tenant Representation
Job Purpose: Learn and understand retail commercial real estate tenant representation brokerage. Service existing tenant representation clients, while working to identify and secure additional business.
Tenant representation agents assist individuals and companies in establishing a market strategy to open new retail stores and restaurants. The agents identify prospective new locations based on each client's respective requirements and work with the client to assess their future viability. Once a site or space is determined to have potential, the agent will negotiate the general business terms of a lease or purchase. If a lease or sale is negotiated, the broker will assist the client in the preparation of materials for the client's real estate committee presentation and approval.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Learn about and ultimately become an expert tenant representation agent or broker.
- Shadow senior Principals in servicing existing clients.
- Gather required due diligence information on new sites to be presented to respective clients.
- Accompany senior Principals on tours with clients.
- Survey the various markets to identify new sites for respective clients.
- Identify prospective clients and solicit those prospects with Principals.
- Directly interact with clients.
- Drive retail markets with and without senior Principals to become familiar with the respective areas.
- Candidate will need a presentable car in good working condition.
- Auto expenses are not reimbursed.
Key Working Relationships
- Work under the supervision of senior Principals.
- After being provided with basic direction, work under your own initiative.
- Coordinate and work with the Marketing Department and Office Manager in the preparation of client materials.
- Exercise excellent communication and maintain both internal and external relationships with all staff and clients.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other Equity Retail agents to gain market knowledge and exchange referrals.
Qualifications & Traits
- Entrepreneurial experience and mindset.
- Competitive endeavors in life.
- Business background or experience.
- History of managing many overlapping responsibilities in a busy environment a plus.
- Must have engaging/outgoing personality to better interact face-to-face with clients and new contacts.
- Strong ability to operate a Windows based computer and software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be comfortable with technology, both mobile (Twitter, Instagram, etc.) and desktop.
- Appetite for improvement, change, and innovation to improve clients services and strengthen relationships.
- Basic experience with video editing of any kind would be an added bonus.
- Real Estate License
- Candidate must have or be willing to acquire a Pennsylvania Real Estate License.
- Candidate will ultimately need to acquire a New Jersey and a Delaware Real Estate License.
- Candidates should understand the ultimate tenant representation position is a commissioned real estate job.
- While acting as an apprentice, a salary will be provided.
- After sixty (60) days, medical and dental insurance to be provided.
- The salary will be provided for the first year, with an employer option for a second year.
- New agent positions with a salary are rarely seen in the commercial real estate industry.
- Equity Retail Brokers created this salaried position, so the new agent could learn and train without the pressure of earning commissions.